Eight month-old girl dies after neighbour fills flat with poisonous gas to kill bedbugs

An eight-month-old baby died after her neighbours sprayed their flat with a deadly pesticide trying to get rid of bedbugs and cockroaches.

Guzal has died and two other children, aged three and five, are in critical condition following the extermination in the Kazakh city of Shymkent, in the south of the country.

The neighbours left their apartment to avoid being poisoned after it was sprayed with poisonous Imidacloprid on February 11, local media reported.

The following day the family who live upstairs from them began to feel ill.

The children’s health took a turn for the worse and they were taken to intensive care at Orynbaev Hyperbaric Oxygenation Centre in life-threatening conditions.

The older children were suffering from severe vomiting and the baby girl was in a state of clinical death.

Dilshat Abdurasulov, father of the youngest child, said: ”We did not know what was going on.

”My daughter Guzal was constantly crying and we thought she was teething.

”Then she weakened. Her body got colder, her face and lips turned blue.

”We rushed to hospital but 30 minutes later she died.”
The two other children, who are Dilshat’s nephews, are still in critical conditions.

The baby’s distraught mum Alinur Lobusko said: ”When the neighbours called an exterminator for the first time, he came to us and warned us to open windows and ventilate our apartment.

”This time nobody came and said nothing.”
Experts examined the air in both apartments and identified the pesticide.

Local authorities spokesman Almat Kosaliev told: ”The apartment was sprayed with Imidacloprid by an exterminator from a private company.

“The gas found its way to the upstairs flat through the air duct.”

Police have launched an investigation into the incident but nobody has been arrested so far.

Recommended For You

About the Author: Admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *