Blacklisted CBT centres: JAMB urges registered candidates not to panic

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has called on candidates who registered for the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in some recently blacklisted centres that there is nothing to worry about.

The Board’s Head, Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin, made the call in an interview with newsmen on Friday.

He said that there was no need for the candidates to panic or consider going for another registration as this would automatically disqualify them from participating in the board’s forthcoming examination.

Newsmen report that the JAMB announced recently, that it had blacklisted 41 centres out of 692 accredited so far for the exercise nationwide, over issues bordering on registration cyber fraud, extortion and technical deficiency.

“We want to call on all candidates who registered in all of these affected centres not to panic or start considering going for another registration elsewhere.

“This will amount to double registration and with this, they stand automatically disqualified for this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination. Their biometrics will indicate this on the day of the examination.

“We want to let them know that indeed, they have nothing to fear, as the security agents are already verifying the culpability of all those involved and at the appropriate time, we will do the needful,” Benjamin said.

Giving an update of the total number of candidates that had registered so far, he said that about 1.1 million have so far been captured at the exercise that commenced on Jan. 13.

Recommended For You

About the Author: Admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *